1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

An old buddy is fishing again

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by Wizard, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

I've got a buddy starting to tournament fish again. He's one of those Ozark Hillbilly's who is part man and part Grizzly bear. His name is Dale Verts (D.W. Verts) and he owns a restaurant in Florence, Mo. named Ambush. Dale stopped fishing in 2000 to concentrate on his business and family. That happens to a lot of us. He's been practicing this year and will start tourney fishing next year. He is fishing out of an OLD Charger 180 with a carburated Merc, old electronics and old gear. With that old boat and electronics along with looking like a Grizzly bear, I don't think anglers will take him seriously. It will be interesting to see the reaction at weigh in because he really knows how to fish. He is low key and I'm sure no one remembers him.
    By the way, he was taught to fish as a teen by Gete Hibdon. He has also won several B.A.S.S. tournaments and fished the Classic four times.

Wizard

2. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.