1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

my opinion of amazon just took a nosedive..

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by bluedawg/beartrap, May 11, 2018.

1. bluedawg/beartrap

bluedawg/beartrap Well-Known Member

I just got a notice that my Amazon Prime membership would increase to $119.00 when it renews in August.....the problem is that I did not know I was a member of Amazon Prime nor do I order enough stuff from Amazon to justify the cost...
    amazon is very good at avoiding complaint calls/e-mails so it took me an hour to finally figure out how to place a call to Amazon and when I finally reach a human being,his name is "Hector" and judging from his accent,he ain't from around here in the U.S.A. maybe an ocean or two from here...
    Hector tells me Amazon offered me a free months membership last July and end of the month,it would convert to a regular membership for $99.00 a year...
    I don't recall the offer and I damn sure wouldn't have agreed to paying them $99.00....somehow Amazon has my credit card number on file and like those S.O.B.'s from Sirius radio,they sign you up for one price then gouge the hell out of you with an automatic renewal...
    I went back to last August and sure enough they had charged my credit card $99.00 and I didn't catch it...
    me and Hector did not have a cordial conversation and it took me threatening to dispute the charge with my credit card company before he and his supervisor promised to credit my credit card account.....and I just got and e-mail from amazon saying they would credit my account in 3-5 business days...
    makes me wonder how many other dumb-azzes like me they have pulled that crap on...

2. Chaw

Chaw Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Charlie T

Charlie T Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.