1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Bugout Bag

Discussion in 'Hunting Talk' started by Wizard, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

AC asked about this so I give you a look at what I use.

A bugout bag contains the bare essentials needed to leave suddenly and survive. It is used by SOGs, intelligence officers, and other survivalists. Most contain similar items.
    The typical bugout bag contains; water purification tablets; gaillardia tablets; first aid kit; a knife; waterproof matches; a condom(waterproof container); space blanket; signal mirror, map compass; medicine; etc.. All small items, light in weight, that you can grab as you leave and survive for awhile.
    My survival gear stays in my car and is a military web belt with a canteen and many m-14 magazine pouches. Along with the above items it contains: magnesium bar; tinder; machete with ground edge and saw back; jerky and energy bars; 2 fighting knives; 1000 ft. of 500 lb. paracord; carbonniers; utensils; toothbrush; storm proof matches and container; fire wax; 5 disposable lighters; 2 maglites; 2 bottles of water; aluminum container (to boil water); sewing kit; rain gear; and a few small items.
    Also on the belt: ammo for handguns and hunting rifle; Serrano knife and KBar; sling shot and pellets.
    The most important item I carry: my brain! If I had nothing but my brain; I have a chance to survive. With my survival gear I WILL survive because: I’m just flat out MEANER than you are.

2. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Fishface1911

Fishface1911 Master of Puppets.

4. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

5. Droopy

Droopy Well-Known Member

6. Hunt22-250

Hunt22-250 Scuba Steve