1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

might have to make a very tough family decision

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by DChance, Mar 17, 2013.

1. DChance

DChance dchance

I moved to MO from MN 10 years ago. No real reason other than easier in my field to find work. My wifes family is here so we gave it a shot. We love it here no doubt but we both really don't have friends like the ones we had up north. my family is all still there. May have an opportunity to go teach in my old school district and coach back "home". Not an easy decision.
    I would be about 20 minutes to the mississippi River (which is awesome fishing, multi species) and the river is much more family friendly. where now I am 1.5 hours approx. to the nearest big lake.
    winters there suck bad, taxes are higher, real estate is much higher, but salaries are higher also.
    every time we go to visit, we don't want to leave and always say we need to look at moving back up.

then we get here and settle back in and love it too.
    2 biggest things that are killing me are
    1. weather
    2. up there, there is no real country living unless you farm. I would give up 5ac, 1/2 ac pond, 5bed 3 bath house with 24x30 shop and 2 car garage for a small town neighborhood home with neighbors. my place up there is probably worth about 350K so living arrangements are not near what we have here.

but sometimes you have to decide on more than monetary things.

2. Nebguy

Nebguy Awesome Eric!!

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.