1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun update

Discussion in 'Hunting Talk' started by ACBass, Nov 26, 2014.

1. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member

Well, the verdict is in. After talking to the group that was willing to help with my expungement, ended up telling me that i do not need one at all. I need a Pardon. :doh: But, they can help me with that too, for $3500 and it might take 2-3 years for that process. :dejection: I dont have the scratch for that but there are other ways to approach it, I'm told. There is not a guarantee that they can restore my gun rights tho. We shall see. I am gonna go and meet with the county DA and see what he says.

This is a 25 year old record and for those of you that are wondering what could it be, well, back when I was young and stupid and losing my way, I forged my Moms name on a check for $40. A guy that worked at that bank, who has had a personal grudge with me for years decided he would turn the screws on me and pursued it vehemently. (I broke his son's arm in a basketball game while in HS, not deliberately, but I was known to play a little rough in my day, but he was a little cumquat of a guy and he came down the lane and thought he could score, well, that doesn't happen too often), LOL, so, he pursued and got his wish, but still its not a violent crime, more of a moral turpitude thing, but I havent broken any laws ever since and was even exonerated fully off of my probation after 6 months of the 5 years probation that I received. Probation officer saud i was a "too boring".

So, I guess my best option for now is to buy from an individual. Went to Arms List and found the same gun with less than 100 rounds thru it. Wants $600 for it which is okay by me. Lives way up in East Tennessee but we will see. I am sure there are others. Not getting it right now, but there is hope.

Academy sent my gun back and Stoeger approved it and as soon as they receive it, they will process it and return my money. the old 7-10 business day thing now. Funny, they took only 3 days to zap the money out when I ordered it. :doh::Rolling: So, thought I'd let some of you know that I followed your advice and now on to the business of clearing my name and getting my gun rights restored. I am sure I can get an attorney to do all the leg work but in this day and age there ought to be a way to get advice without having to be charged $150 and hour. Are there any other avenues I can take? Can someone like the NRA help?? Just asking....And thanks for the advice. :Cool_thumbs_up:

2. DIXIEDOG

DIXIEDOG Prostaff for Taylor worms

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member

4. DIXIEDOG

5. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

6. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member

7. Ktfishhunt

Ktfishhunt Well-Known Member

8. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member

9. DIXIEDOG

10. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member

11. Tarheelxrd

Tarheelxrd Well-Known Member

12. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member