1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

The meat is on...

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by Gridleak, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Gridleak

Gridleak Well-Known Member

Pork ribs, brisquet, and summer sausage. Hickory smoked for 12 hours. There'll be sides of cheesy corn caserole, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, jalapenos, pickles, onion, and sweet iced tee. Should be ready for pick-up at Tony's BBQ around noon tomorrow.

Don't judge me! It's cheaper than I can do it myself, and one hell of a lot less time and trouble, and ohhhh, so good. Let's face it... they do BBQ for a livin'. I just do it now and then. Besides that it's freakin' hot outside. I was out there a little while ago, sweatin' my arse off, and with sweat runnin' in my eyes I checked the thermometer. Now, admittedly, my vision was a little blurry due to the sweat, but I am pretty sure the thermometer read 1000 degrees. I didn't check it twice. I just came back inside.

If it is any consolation though, I will be fixing desert myself. Banana Splits. Made with real bananas, Strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla Blue Bell ice crème, with Hershey's chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, and caramel. With strawberries, pineapple chunks, and topped off with cherries.

And I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the afternoon or early evening there were a couple of adult beverages partook of.

Y'all have a great, and safe, 4th of July. Happy 4th everybody.

Where you at Cuejockey? You better hurry up and brought youself here or you gonna miss supper again. Stop by and pick up Bigflat on the way, ummkay? Bigflat is off down there in Sout-Lousiana someplace. Once you get to Lousiana just ask anybody, they'll tell you how to get to his house.

Gridleak (expects to be near unconscious on the couch by 1:00 tomorrow afternoon) (1:30 tops)

2. Cuejockey

Cuejockey Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Gridleak

4. BIGFLAT

BIGFLAT Well-Known Member

5. Gridleak

6. BCB

BCB Off Staff

7. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again

8. hsb

hsb Shore Whore Extraordinair

9. Gridleak