1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Typical Tuckertown Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by braveheart, Oct 17, 2011.

1. braveheart

braveheart Well-Known Member

Hadn't planned to go fishing yesterday, but I got up about 5:30, saw it was gonna be a nice day, so decided to wing it. Was heading to High Rock but on the way got a wild hair and decided to go to TTown, since hadn't been there in a couple months.
    Got to River Road and they have just put new Tar and Gravel down. So I drove about 20 mph all the way ( 3.3 miles ) to the turn off. Got to the the ramp about 9:30. There were only 6 or 7 trailers in the lot. Knew then that fishing's not gonna be good. Went into Flat Creek just above the ramp and caught one about a pound and a half right off the bat. Fished in there another 30 -40 minutes without another bite. Was idling out of there and dinged my prop up a little on a rock. Went on and fished all the usual spots all the way to the lower dam . Nothing. About 1:30, I decided I'd head up the river towards High Rock dam. By the time I got there, the wind had picked up pretty good and was blowing straight up the river towards the dam. Went into one of the creeks up there to get out of the wind and hooked up on a decent fish. Got him to the boat and he made a dive under the boat. Broke my rod about 10" from the tip. Still managed to get the fish in the boat. He had swallowed the plastic and the broken end of the rod was in his mouth. He weighed about 2 1/2 lbs, so I added him to my livewell for the on-line tx. Decided to leave about 4 so headed back to the ramp. When I got there, the game warden was out on the dock. I pulled up and he told me not to use the right side ramp as some A**hole had thrown a bunch of basketball sized rocks all over it. Typical Tuckertown day.

2. Tarheelxrd

Tarheelxrd Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Hunt22-250

Hunt22-250 Scuba Steve

4. Jazz

Jazz Warsaw Warrior

5. braveheart

6. braveheart

7. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member

8. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

9. bassmanbutch

bassmanbutch Well-Known Member