1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Coon Hunt

Discussion in 'Hunting Talk' started by Joey Watts, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Joey Watts

Joey Watts Well-Known Member

We sure had a good night with the hounds last night. Either the coons were moving good or they are starting to move back into some of the areas we hunt. We got to look at 4 or 5 coons last night over the top of the dogs. Did not even bring a gun so we never shot one. Just let the dogs tree, find the coon and turn them loose again. Little Sadie was a beast last night and hunted like she was on a mission. Williams dog Milo had a real good night also. They split treed on the first turn out about 200 yards apart and both had the meat. Jeff's puppy Junior and Sadie hooked up together once last night. They got out to just under 600 yards and could hear Sadie screaming her little heart out. Took her a little while to figure things out but ended up treeing at just over 500 yards. Ole Beau had a good time also but played the me to game most of the night. Going to try and get him out alone one night this weekend to try and tune him up just a little bit. Was a time that we did not hunt all 4 of these dogs together much because of all the problems it caused. Last couple times we hunted them together, pretty damn good time if I do say so myself.

Also plan on working with Beau a little bit this weekend back up on the bench. RQE hunt and show down in Batesville next weekend. Might as well see if we can get Beau another win, put a bench title on him and qualify him for the World although I kind of doubt I would take him to that.

2. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Joey Watts

4. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

Joey Watts likes this.
  5. Joey Watts