1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you watch movies ?

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by Chaw, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Chaw

Chaw Well-Known Member

I did when I was younger, up into my early 30's. When in college and in my 20's, the movie listings were one of the pages of the newspaper I would always read.

But as I got older, I became less interested. Even when I was young, I would look to see how long the movie was, it was well over 2 hours, I would stay away. Today, I can't commit to anything for more than an hour.

Is this just a product of aging ? Are movies for young people ?

The last movie I saw in the theatre was " Saving Private Ryan " .

And that Hollywood is to the far political left and use their power to influence public opinion, is not a big reason for me to stay away, though it makes me nauseated. They inject their political views into everything they do.

I just lost the ability to get into drama. And the action movies are so unrealistic, it makes me tune out.

I have dug back into some of the older movies, like the war movies made in the 50's and 60's. Such as " Bridge Over The River Kwai " , which I think not only tells a story but teaches about military values. I enjoyed " Das Boot " , but most war movies they make today have some kind of social justice theme to them.

Tom Hanks and Spielberg are working on an HBO series similar to " Band of Brothers " . Its based upon the 8th AF bombing Germany , focusing on the 100th BG, also known as " the bloody one hundreth " . But its progressing slowly and I made the mistake of following on Twitter, the writer who is working on the script. And this guy spends his days bashing Trump rather than doing much writing. I was anticipating the series, but now ............... don't know what ya gonna get.

2. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.