1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Good grief seen and hear it all now

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by Tarheelxrd, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Tarheelxrd

Tarheelxrd Well-Known Member

Ok may be a long rant but I just don't get it. I am searching for yet another 4 wheeler:doh::doh::doh: after multiple trips and 2 tanks of gas in my POS truck:devil::head_on_wall: I found one today not to far up the road. 2004 Honda Recon 250. Pictures looked great so I called the guy up turns out it was a kid or should I say 18 kid going to college. He has it listed on Craigslist for 1900. I tell him I have cash and would be a player at 1000-1200 cause that is what they are selling for and he agrees and I go look at it. I get there and find out daddy is not there and at the beach all summer where he has also been. He tells me the bike has never been in woods and momma would not even let him out of the yard with it. he claims has only put maybe 5 tanks of gas in it since new. Never got road and it looked new. It could have passed for new. Only problem it ran but did no tidle bad gas. I assumed Piddllin would fix that. Anyway I offer him 1000 and he tells me he needs money to buy a car to go to college. he is 18 has no car and just got his license and does not think daddy will do that so I tell him I will go 1200. He calls his dday and he says let me think about it 30 mins and I will call you back. 40 mins later he has not called so he calls him daddy apparently tells him he will let it rot in the garage before he will take that but no counter. Then the guy tells me they have had it on Craigslist for over a year and not sold it. They started at 2800. I tell the kid to get him on the phone and let me talk to him and promptly show him what 12 100 bills looks like. He calls him back and the dad says hell no if he can not get 2400 out of it the tires will just have to rot and refuses to talk to me. He had it listed for 1900. Kid tells me he has had call after call but he was at the beach and could not show it. When he got back know one wanted it so he relisted it. He claims one guy offered 1400 and he accepted but once he got back he bought something else. He claims in a year of being listed I am only the second to ever actually come see it. what am I missing here. Daddy must not want to come off the hip with the rest of the money to get him a car. He bought both sisters one but not this kid. Feel sorry for him cause he was a nice guy but he was that nerdy homely type. I feel like I missed a good deal just don't know what it was

[​IMG]

2. Ranger482V

Ranger482V Jackal

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. mworkman

mworkman Well-Known Member

4. hsb

hsb Shore Whore Extraordinair

5. Tarheelxrd

6. Tarheelxrd

7. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again

8. bamafishin

bamafishin Well-Known Member

9. mworkman

mworkman Well-Known Member