1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

more tips from BassinVeteran

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by BassVet, Dec 18, 2011.

1. BassVet

BassVet member of the year

If you have highly fished lakes that your fish in, whether weekend or on your next tournament...think: fish outside the box. I know that I will get some arguments but I fish bright colors baits all day long, clear or stain water. I have found that Bigger bass have see a lot of white and white/chartreuse baits. They know what it is and they swim right past it. "Match the hatch" is great, but here we go again...every bass fisherman is using them. That's why COLOR is so key to make your bait POP out from all the rest! Take my favorite Purple 1/2oz dressed bass jig. Most of you will use a black or blue craw for your trailer. Some, a rootbeer with purple flex craw and either would produce bass. But did you ever think to use bubble gum or hot yellow or chartreuse craw or twin tail? Or even throw a Bubble gum dressed jig with a purple or blue craw? Even my crankbaits have at least one bold color, some even more. Remember, there is some one else who is fishing inside the box and catching the 2-3 lbs.bass? I say...let him! If you are to win tournaments today, you have to have something over the other guy. Wouldn't you rather load your boat with 4-6 lbs. bass? When low light in early morning fishing, use Hot colors like Orange, Pink, Blue, Hot Yellow, Lime and Purple. These colors are great as the sun is going down, but go darker as night falls. Big tip: When bluegill spawn, the bull gills turn a bright blue...some, even turn a purplish blue. If you are wanting to match the what they will be feeding on...have a bluegill pattern bait with bright blue head and a bright orange belly. A bait like this works! If you never use color dye on your plastic baits, this next year TRY IT! I dipped a white 8" worm, head orange and the tail hot pink, leaving the middle white...placed it on a shaky head and let me tell you, we had a bait, NO ONE ELSE HAD and we won that day with 24lbs and
    9oz. We caught more than 50 bass that day and had limit within the first 2 hours of the morning. My Tournament days are over, but if I can add something new to you that will give that edge...then what I've learned wasn't for nothing. Good luck!

2. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

4. BassVet

5. BassVet

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  6. Fishface1911

Fishface1911 Master of Puppets.

7. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

8. mworkman

mworkman Well-Known Member

9. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

10. BassVet

11. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

12. BassVet