1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Moss, Hydrilla, Lilly pads

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by BassVet, Dec 20, 2011.

1. BassVet

BassVet member of the year

Have you ever used a frog on the moss and see the fish blow up only after your bait is past it? :doh: Yep, me too! I use this when in tournament allow more than one bait on a line. You have to use a heavy rod and 65lbs braided line cause you are fishing the junk. Hogs live in the junk! You can even hear them...like a sucking noise. Hear that... :dancing_banana: there be bass there! I take a 20 inch piece of braid line and tie it to a swivel. Thread the open end of the swivel on the main line and tie 2 T-rig hook or 2 Weedless frog type baits on. The second bait is your clean up bait when the first one missed. With a T-rig, I use a 5" bassin assassin shad type baits. Yes, :rock_on: you can get two bass on with this rig! That is why braid is so important and the swivel will allow the second bass to run on the main line. And its fun as :censored: ! Not to mention the extra 10'lbs of moss salad hiding your fish. No extra charge for the salad! REMEMBER with the fish hit, reel down a bit to feel the fish, then set the hook! Over excited bass fishermen set that hook too soon and you might be the one who gets hooked. A 90mph SPRO Bronzeye Frog popping your buddy in the nuts WILL cause him PAIN! :Mad: You laughing your head off, doesn't help either...Believe me I know! :Rolling: :Rolling: :Rolling: :Rolling: Keep the Rod tip up and drag that sucker to the boat! THE fish, not your fishin buddy!

Now :thinking: about this one! If you are on a moss bed and you are missing fish, grab your buddy from the back of the boat and both fish the front. Have him cast behind your frog. Have him keep his frog about 2 foot behind yours. If you trigger a strike, his frog will be there to nail it! We won a couple of summer tournament, fishing at noon to two when most boats turn to deeper water to find bass. Just because there's a place for your buddy in the back of the boat, doesn't mean he/she doesn't have to stay there. "What if he stinks?" :censored: Hold him and hose him down with garlic spray!

Hopefully you guys know all about this one! :popcorn:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  2. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. n2ratfishin

n2ratfishin Well-Known Member

4. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member