1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Stoeger story so far

Discussion in 'Hunting Talk' started by ACBass, Oct 15, 2014.

1. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member

Well, as well as most of you know, I was Denied a handgun sale back in May. Special ordered this Stoeger and trying to get an expungement so I can obtain a UPIN number for future purchases. Problem is, I'd have to go to another county, over an hour away to get anything done. With working 5 days a week, haven't had a chance to go, besides, with Wed as a day off, the courthouses are closed for budget cuts. Called my atty and he wants $1800 to do it. Just don't have that kind of scratch right now. So, I'm looking at some pro bono or legal aid folks to help. This proceeding takes time, time to petition, blah blah. Then some judge has to iron it out, if he sees fit. So, a week and half ago, I'm called in to talk to mgr. they(home office) want me to send the gun back because i am in a deny stage. They say it's a liability and what if another associate sells it by accident? This caught me totally off guard and did not get to process any of it. I told them I need an expungement and Mgr wants to know how long? I don't know!! It's a criminal proceeding and the wheels run a certain way. They want me to bring them my paperwork for the gun, refund me and send it back. Now, I know I could use the extra $435 around here, but there's a principle involved here. I'm sick to death of these pinheads walking all over me. They intruded on this site, told me to remove my Academy avatar or else, among other things. So, I'm thinking of calling firearm compliance and explain my situation and get them to give me some room here. The shotgun sits, in its original shipping box with gun box inside, sits in the safe. Not bothering anyone. Not in the way at all. It absolutely boils me that they are so concerned about this Deny. I'm treated like I'm some kind of underlying criminal at the store. Now, because of this, I'm not allowed to show a gun, cannot handle them in any way, not walking them up to register to door, not even taking them off the truck! If you ask me, they are being paranoid. I've been there 5 years and they still don't have a clue who or what I am about. I'm probably more qualified to sell firearms than anyone there. Yet, I'm treated like some diseased fiend. It hurts my credibility with customers when they ask why I am not on the gun counter anymore. I can be back there, but limited, like reels and GPS unit and depth findes and stuff. At first, I said ok, we will send it back, but, I had the weekend to think on it and it just burns me to have to follow their stupid scheme and be treated that way. So, I'm fighting this, I will get my expungement, I will take my Stoeger home and they better not doubt me ever again.

Note, 1) everyone who works the counter knows it's my gun in there. It's not messed with in any way. 2) it cannot be sold by accident because a mgr has to ok the sale and he will know it's mine and have to deny the sale. So, that point in argument is moot and stupid. They really must think I'm a total idiot there. And I think it has a lot to do with my hearing loss.

2. DIXIEDOG

DIXIEDOG Prostaff for Taylor worms

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again

4. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

5. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

6. Ktfishhunt

Ktfishhunt Well-Known Member

7. This post is hidden to guests.

8. Ktfishhunt

9. DIXIEDOG

10. 203

203 Very Senior Member

11. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member

12. DIXIEDOG

13. Ktfishhunt

14. ACBass

ACBass Well-Known Member