1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Where to locate your fish attractor

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Wizard, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

Everyone wants to have a brushpile or rockpile that only they can find. That will never happen but you can place them where few will find them. At a lake with heavy cruiser traffic such as LOZ, any brushpile near the main channel is destroyed in about 2 weeks. I have been placing rockpiles for years as the cruisers can't move or destroy them. Either attractor you use, here are some tips for making them difficult for others to find. My rockpiles are made of softball to basketball size rock, are about 8 ft. across and 3-8 ft. high. Yes, it does take some effort on your part to build them. I have talked the owner of a rip rap company to drop a couple of frontloader loads in a spot I pick for $30. I have built about 50 of my own and I now have him build one each year.

1) Find where 2 migration routes come together in 20+ depth of water. Place the attractor on the junction of the routes.
    2) A long sloping point with a flat to the side. Place the attractor in 15+ depth of water on the flat close to the point.
    3) A series of ledges from 3-30 ft. Place the attractor on a ledge in 15+ depth of water.
    4) A hump with deep water on one side. The attractor will be on the deep side of the hump.
    5) On the deep side of bridge pilings. Put the attractor about 30 ft. from the piling.

Feel free to pile on with some more places to locate attractors. And remember that most people fish shallow year round.

2. Ranger482V

Ranger482V Jackal

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. DIXIEDOG

DIXIEDOG Prostaff for Taylor worms

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.