1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I try to buy certain things local...

Discussion in 'Hunting Talk' started by SilverFox66, Feb 12, 2013.

1. SilverFox66

SilverFox66 Well-Known Member

Every since I was a kid, I always "tried" to give my business, to the local businesses in my small town. Most of them made that impossible. Even back before the internet, it was cheaper to order my Interco Super Swampers through mail order out of a magazine, have them shipped here UPS, and then pay someone to mount bad balance them... than it was to buy them locally. Im not talkin just $10 - $20 cheaper either. By the same token, there are things I choose to buy in a brick and mortar store, rather than online. Ammo is one of those things. I have had bad luck with ammo when I order it online. I finally found the loads I wanted for my 44mag @ Sportsman's Warehouse. I ordered them last week, and they showed up today. The order on their website, the copy of the order in my email, the packing slip... all show the ammo I ordered... yet they sent me a completely different ammo. Its the same brand and same weight, but a completely different bullet and load than what I ordered. Bad thing is, now they are out of what I ordered... go figure. Ill almost bet they were out when I placed the order, and some azzhat just substituted a different load hoping no one would notice. Whats the point of having SKU's... if no one pays attention to them. "Corporate" is supposed to be calling me back later today, as the girl I spoke to was not willing to do anything about it. :Thumbs_down:

Their "policy".... just like everyone else's... is no returns on guns and ammo. I understand this.... to an extent, like when it is THEIR fault. Im not paying return shipping for their mistake. BPS tried to refuse to take ammo back when I bought the 357mag for dad. We got the gun and 2 boxes of ammo out to the truck, and the gun had 3 scratches on it. Took it back in to the store, and they said they would contact Ruger for a replacement, as they had no more in stock. 5 weeks later, BPS hadnt dont shyt, and hoped I owuld let it to and forget it. I took dad, the gun, and the ammo, back to the store for a return. I kept my cool and was fine till they started giving me grief about it being 5 weeks and trying to return a gun (even though we did exactly what they told us to do) and that they couldnt take the ammo back no matter what. I informed them they WOULD take both the gun and ammo back, and I wasnt leaving till I had ALL of my money in my hand. The ammo was completely useless without the gun, as neither of us had another 357 to use it in. 45 minutes and the store manager got into the stores safe and handed me the cash

So yeah.... I understand they have policies, but 1) when it is THEIR fault, I then dont care about their policies 2)business policy does NOT supercede any law... its a policy, thats it 3) my policy is not to get screwed over... and my policy wins out :tooth:

Sportman's Warehouse wanted to act like they couldnt take this ammo back due to policy. They were informed very quickly that wouldnt fly :boxing:

2. DIXIEDOG

DIXIEDOG Prostaff for Taylor worms

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. SilverFox66

4. DIXIEDOG

DIXIEDOG Prostaff for Taylor worms

5. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

6. SilverFox66

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  7. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

8. SilverFox66

9. Ktfishhunt

Ktfishhunt Well-Known Member

10. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

11. Septugenarian

Septugenarian Displaced Person

12. SilverFox66

13. SilverFox66