1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning the feed ramp and throat of your semi-auto

Discussion in 'Hunting Talk' started by Wizard, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

I have 5 carry guns in various sizes that I use. I pick the weapon based upon how I'm dressed and where I'm going. I had taken my Walther PPK out of the rotation because it had started to jam. You don't rely on a carry gun with problems. I was going to send it to Walther but took a look with a magnifying glass to find the issue. A small burr had formed on the feed ramp. I thought of ways to get rid of the burr but there wasn't enough room for normal tools. I thought some more and got out my Dremel tool. Using jeweler's rouge and the Dremel polisher, the burr was soon gone. I polished the throat also. It worked great at the range. Better than at any time since purchase. I looked at the other carry weapons. Under the magnifying glass, they all had wear, tiny pitting and build up on the ramp and throat. I used the Dremel on all of them and went to the range. All of the weapons were smoother. My .45 Commander was much smoother in cycling. So, you might consider a little rouge and a Dremel tool to keep that area in great shape.

Wizard

2. Charlie T

Charlie T Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.