1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

First tournament in 5 years

Discussion in 'Fishing Talk' started by Wizard, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

I got a invite for a "jackpot", winner takes all, tournament and made a quick day trip to LOZ. 23 good sticks with no weaklings. $200 entry for a 3 hr tourney. We meet in a designated cove for a well check and entry fee and you have to be back in the cove mouth within 3 hrs. Usually takes 9-16 lbs. to win. I fish my big bass shad school pattern, hit the mother load and have 16.4 lbs. by my scales. A competitor ran into a nearby cove that I have fished for years without much success. At weigh-in, he has 21.7 lbs. in 3 hours. I know the guy to be a fair and honest angler. I fume for a few minutes and had an idea. That angler found something holding big bass in that cove that I have missed finding. So, next trip I'll be in that cove and stay there till I find that spot. If I lose, I'm still going to learn something. 60+ years of fishing and I'm still learning every time out.
    As a point of interest, we meet in the cove and ask who thinks they have a winning weight. He gets weighed and anyone else who thinks they are close. Everyone else puts bass back into the lake. After the winner is decided, everyone leaves the cove. Weigh-in and payout takes about 5-10 minutes. Winner this time received $4600.

Wizard

2. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.