1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

homemade alterations

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by Jazz, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Jazz

Jazz Warsaw Warrior

what alterations do you make to your baits if any ? Fishing in my back yard was super tuff so I started playing around with some baits and hit on some good changes, at least for me.The baits that have changed the game for me are simply cutting the legs on a creature bait so they flutter. I then use them as frogs across the pads and grass. Their a tad smaller than most toads and are different colors. So far it's changed the game. The other thing I'm doing is cutting senkos from tail to sack either in half or making 4 slices and using them for flipping. You can cut on either end for a slightly different look and action.The big bass buried in the hydrilla and various grasses love it:rock_on: I've been doing this to trick worms also. Again, it also gives the bass a different look and different colors. On the KVD swimming caffeine shad I started cutting off a portion of the belly just ahead of the tail so it swims much better on a slow retrieve.How'd Kevin miss this :thinking::Rolling:Also, anybody notice a difference in some Zoom horny toads in texture ? I found a color I really liked but the toads seem to be like leather. The ones in watermelon / red are soft however:thinking:

2. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. abe1

abe1 Well-Known Member

4. Jazz

Jazz Warsaw Warrior

5. Nebguy

Nebguy Awesome Eric!!

6. abe1

abe1 Well-Known Member