1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Since it's Wear Red Friday...

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by Doc, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

...here is my pitiful long, bloggy story from yesterday, with a happy ending.

So, it's been a horrible couple of days. I locked my keys in my car yesterday morning. Should've been a locksmith instead of a professor - it pays better. Was given one new project to do for work. By Friday. Was sent back some writing that I did, with some suggestions to add new things that "they just thought of". By Friday. Spent the day running around - took Baxter to the groomer, then went to get an oil change. Spent an hour waiting at the garage, trying to work, using their sucky internet. An oil change shouldn't be $87, even with synthetic oil. Went back to get Baxter. Finally was able to start working this afternoon.

Finally, I decided to go to Subway to get a sandwich for supper. Got all the way to Subway to find that my wallet wasn't in my purse, but beside my computer at home. Went BACK home. Considered just eating crackers for supper...lol. Went BACK to Subway. They didn't have potato soup. They DID have a spicy Italian sandwich.

While I was in line, a little old gentleman came in with a USS John F Kennedy cap on. I asked him if he'd been on the Kennedy. He said yes, and went back to telling the kid how to make the pizza he wanted. I told the cashier I wanted to pay for his dinner, which I did. While she was ringing it up, he looked over to her and asked what she was doing. She said, "What I'm told." LOL! Anyhow, I thanked him for his service, and the man TEARED UP and hugged me. For a $5 personal size pizza.

All I can say is THANK YOU, God, for leaving my wallet sitting right by my computer so I had to go back to Subway. If I'd had my wallet the first time, I'd have missed that wonderful opportunity. Everything DOES happen for a reason.

2. Jazz

Jazz Warsaw Warrior

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Ktfishhunt

Ktfishhunt Well-Known Member

4. Alan

Alan Proud Infidel

5. JoeLBLMRT

JoeLBLMRT I Hate Winters