1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Something to think about

Discussion in 'Talk, Talk (off topic)' started by Wizard, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

No, I am not crazy or off my meds. Before I retired a decade ago, I read some reports left in my office. I didn't know who left them. After reading them, I chuckled and went to a meeting. When I returned, the reports had disappeared. Some recent events in the news got me thinking of them again. Something to think about:
    1903- first powered aircraft
    1938- first jet engine
    1957- first artificial satellite
    1969- first moon landing
    1972- last moon landing
    69 years from first flight to last moon landing
    2018- 46 years since last moon landing

Looking at what transpired in the first 69 years of flight, why would we believe our government has done little in the last 46 years. Look at how the world has changed since 1972. Yet, little advancement has taken place in space flight in 46 years? That does not seem logical. I believe the US already has a warp drive (Alvarez Drive) and found life outside earth. And, it may not be friendly.
    The US Missile Defense System uses advanced radar to detect incoming ballistic missiles launched from China, Russia and North Korea. Radar around the northern hemisphere faces in the direction of those countries. Why does the largest radar complex in the world (Hawaii) face away from those countries and peers out into space? That also is not logical.
    As I said, food for thought.

2. Gridleak

Gridleak Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. BCB

BCB Off Staff

4. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member