1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Tow Boat U.S. Membership payed off yesterday

Discussion in 'Boating Talk' started by Paw Paw, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Paw Paw

Paw Paw Well-Known Member

At 2:30 yesterday we're taking off to head to weigh in and the trim wigs out. It goes up and won't stop going up. The motor tops out and the trim is still screaming. I disconnect the battery and start messing with everything I can think of to get it to stop but it won't stop with the battery connected. Okay, this sucks. There's not another boat in sight. The wind is HOWLING and everyone with half a brain has left waaay early to get back. NOT ME!! At 3:30 I dump my fish and call Tow Boat U.S. and tell them I need at tow. I have the phone app so they already had my GPS coordinates. The guy gets to me by 4:30 and we start our 2 hour (25 mile) tow back to the ramp. We get back to the ramp at 6:45-ish. I sign the paper and we're done. It was that easy.
    I have been a member for 5 years but this is the first time I've needed it. I've always thought that their service was a good idea but never really thought it was that big of a deal. After yesterday, I won't ever go out without it again.
    I have no affiliation with Tow Boat other than being a paying member and I'm not trying to convince others to buy their service. I'm just saying that it worked out very good for me.

2. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again

4. hsb

hsb Shore Whore Extraordinair

5. Paw Paw

Paw Paw Well-Known Member

6. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again