1. Registration is FREE! Please feel free to jump right on in, the water is a little frigid, but it warms up quickly!
    Dismiss Notice

Using toad as buzz bait trailer

Discussion in 'Fishing Talk' started by Chaw, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Chaw

Chaw Well-Known Member

I tried this on a couple diff buzzbaits the other day, I really like the idea.

The FLW tourny on Beaver was won with this

[​IMG]

And the MLF that aired last Saturday, was " won " with a similar bait , short video here

http://www.majorleaguefishing.com/article?article-id=10977

Shryock's bait is different, it does not appear to have a head, which I found is a good thing. I tried to do what McComb did, just put the toad on the buzzer as a trailer. But I thought it made the bait too long and I had to reel it fast to keep the toads legs up on the surface. The wire frame of the bait needs to be level on horizontal with no drop down. Wasn't long before I pulled the toad off the bait.

War Eagle makes a Buzz Toad, but the frame drops down and it looks like their normal buzzbait only with a toad

http://www.basspro.com/War-Eagle-Buzz-Toad-Buzzbait/product/2327792/

If the buzzer had an oversize blade, it could keep the weight of the toad up on the surface. Mine, the toad would just hang down in the water.

Somehow Shryock has buried the head of the bait in the toad, and it makes a more compact bait without the drop down wire frame, that would be much better than the War Eagle version.

Cept Shryock is not sharing who makes his bait.

2. cd4th

cd4th Shoot first, shoot again

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.

3. Chaw

Chaw Well-Known Member

4. Chaw

Chaw Well-Known Member